The Dog Woman of Watts
East 103rd Street and Grape Street,
In 1961 down in the Los Angeles community of Watts, a strange creature was reported to the police for over three hours. Starting around 3:15 PM, a bizarre creature that had the body of a dog and the face of a woman was spotted by multiple concerned citizens. The creature ran on all fours, was covered with hair, but wasn't a dog. It was spotted in the area of 103rd and Grape. Police initially thought the first call was a crank call, but as more reports came in over the next couple of hours, their opinions changed.
Giant Donuts of Los Angeles (and one Bagel)
(Kindle's Giant Donut)
3.65 Miles Away
Los Angeles, California
3.89 Miles Away
(Poultry Firas Farms)
4.36 Miles Away
- Richard Castanon of Lakewood, CA on 2021-06-27 said:
- My grandparents lived on Grape St between 103rd & 105th. They are both deceased now, my mom said she heard something but doesn’t have a good memory. I still need to ask my uncle he was 14 at the time.
- Hershel L Petty of Long Beach, CA on 2018-06-27 said:
- If someone has an experience with the Dog Woman please email me. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maria of Watts, California on 2016-09-25 said:
- There has been a weird creature in Watts by the train tracks. My bf said that the creature chased him & his friend was recently attacked by something that was not human. He ran home crying. I'm trying to do more research but haven't found anything yet. My boyfriend says it had a dog face but it walked on it's back legs.
- Kayla of Bishop, California on 2016-09-15 said:
- Growing up in Bishop, many of us as teenagers have heard this story, Im so overly excited to of found more on the subject, was shocked to find out it was as far away as it is to my home town
- Jer C of Downey, California on 2016-05-29 said:
- Wow when I was twelve, my dad told me this story (1974). Before I was born my parents and brother and sisters lived on Croesus Ave and 107th.
Now my dad was a pretty good storyteller so I always thought in the back of my mind... Ok dad your not getting me on this one. Now I recently researched this thanks to the internet.
And look what I found. Wow
I can't wait to share this with my older brother and sisters .
It really makes me think about all the other stories he told me .
I miss dad, and the stories .
- Ronald McRae of Santa Clarita, California on 2013-05-01 said:
- I remember the incident as a child. Living in South Central Los Angeles, it was the talk for several weeks. Very scary. The neighborhood kids were always on the lookout for "The Wolf Woman". I was 7 yrs old at the time, but in recent years have talked to several co-workers that remember the incident as well. One woman I worked with even stated that a member of her church was very upset over the matter at the time, being that it occured in her very own neihborhood; I belive the vicinity Of 103 Street and Grape. One of the most frightening memories from my childhood, though I lived several miles from there. When playing hide and seek, I was very leery of running into her while hiding in one of my favorite spots.
- LA Exposed (2002) by Young, Paul, p: 143
First Created: 2013-07-01
Last Edited: 2013-07-01