98775 Highway 111,
Update - The Banana Museum is now in Mecca, CA, having been purchased on Ebay by Fred Garbutt and reopening back in November 2012. It now contains over 20,000 banana related objects.
According to the Guiness Book of World Records the Largest collection devoted to a single fruit is the Banana Museum in Hesperia, California. Formerly in Altadena California for 32 years, in 2006 the Recreation and Parks Department of the Hi Desert city of Hesperia moved it to the Harrison Exhibit Center. The museum's collection includes an eight foot banana couch and a petrified banana.
- Chrissy Spampinato of Phelan, CA on 2011-06-21 said:
- The Banana Museum unfortunately is no longer with us. Sorry for those of you who missed out.
- Daniel w Barnwell of Gillespie, Illinois on 2010-05-31 said:
- I have a petrified banana my mom found in Guam 52 years ago that is still yellow and not shriveled.
- Dan Kirklin of Indianapolis , Indiana on 2010-03-15 said:
- This sounds great. If you're looking for new banana-related material, you could check out back issues of Rockets magazine. Jim Hendrickson has a rocket called Gone Bananas that you have to see to believe.
Last Edited: 2006-06-12